Rosebud Health Care Center’s 44 bed nursing facility provides a well-rounded environment for all residents. The facility is licensed to provide Skilled, Non-skilled and Intermediate Nursing Care. It is connected to a Critical Access Hospital, as well as the Physical Therapy Department, which allows access to other care, if the need arises.
The Center bustles with activities that are continuously arranged by the facility, and aided by volunteers from the community. A monthly calendar is sent to whomever wishes to be on the mailing list to participate with the residents in their daily activities.
RHCC has a restorative program to maintain mobility six days of the week.
Families are encouraged to come and have meals with their loved ones and participate with their activities.
RHCC’s Adult Daycare and Respite Care provides a program for adults over the age of 60 in a community-based, group setting. The program is designed to provide social and health services to elders who need supervised care outside of the home:
- Opportunities for mental stimulation and social interaction with peers in a safe environment
- A program of stimulating activities
- Help with activities of daily living
- Meals and snacks, with provisions for special dietary needs
- Medical care, therapy and socialization
- Alzheimer or dementia care, with all aspects of related attention
- Facilities for bathing and hair washing
RHCC’s Extended Care Activity Department strives to make this a homelike, enjoyable environment. The staff is always there to advocate and be there for you!
Our number one goal is to see you smile. Our program has a little bit of everything, and is flexible based on your needs and preferences.
The RHCC Activity Department provides activities and services of all kinds, including:
- Appointment Scheduling
- Financial Management Assistance
- Chair Exercises
- Church Services
Please stop in to the Activity Department to pick up a monthly RHCC Activity calendar.
Financial Management Assistance
The RHCC Activity Department allows you the opportunity to be worry free with your finances. RHCC maintains a trust fund account, as well as a locked safe, where your money can be safely stored. You are welcome to your money at any time. We also assist you in paying bills.
Community bathing is available. Bathing takes place in a whirlpool bath that is good for circulation and relaxation. Women can also have their hair set and combed. Nail care is available as well.
The Eden Alternative Ten Prinicples
1. The three plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom account for the bulk of suffering among our Elders.
2. An elder-centered community commits to creating a Human Habitat where life revolves around close and continuing contact with plants, animals, and children. It is these relationships that provide the young and old alike with a pathway to a life worth living.
3. Loving companionship is the antidote to loneliness. Elders deserve easy access to human and animal companionship.
4. An elder-centered community creates opportunity to give as well as receive care. This is the antidote to helplessness.
5. An elder-centered community imbues daily life with variety and spontaneity by creating an environment in which unexpected and unpredictable interactions and happenings can take place. This is the antidote to boredom.
6. Meaningless activity corrodes the human spirit. The opportunity to do things that we find meaningful is essential to human health.
7. Medical treatment should be the servant of genuine human caring, never its master.
8. An elder-centered community honors its elders by de-emphasizing top-down bureaucratic authority; seeking instead to place the maximum possible decision making authority into the hands of the elders, or into the hands of those closest to them.
9. Creating an elder-centered community is a never ending process. Human growth must never be separated from human life.
10. Wise leadership is the lifeblood of any struggle against the three plagues. For it, there can be no substitute.